The Boxer Bulletin

The Student News Site of Oscar De La Hoya Animo Charter High School

The Boxer Bulletin

The Boxer Bulletin

Antonio Montes

Middle school teacher pushing students to try their best
Antonio+Montes

Antonio Montes was a P.E assistant teacher when he first started working at Arts In Action, a middle school on Whittier and Kern ave. He makes all of his P.E classes awesome, fun and entertaining. He also likes to encourage kids and push them to do good and to do their best. He also likes working with kids. He started working at day camps with the youth then he moved up to work with middle school kids. He also wants to make most of his classes a good environment for his students.

When he joined arts in action he started to work with Mr. Kaleman. They had worked together in their classes until Antonio was told about a new opening to be a P.E teacher. He was told by all his co-workers to take it since it’s a one time opportunity.

Since he only had so little experience and not enough credentials to be a teacher he had to go back to school to learn more and get the credentials he needed to become a P.E teacher and teach his own class “I had to learn a lot. My first year was super stressful, more work but I really  enjoy doing what I do every day.”  

Arts In Action helped Antonio pay for the classes he needed to take and complete. His wife and his parents were super supportive towards him and happy for his new position. Antonio Montes has affected all the students he has worked with from the past to present and they all have good memories of him. He just hasn’t just affected the students he also affected the staff around him and his work environment. 

Story continues below advertisement

Although becoming a teacher was super long and hard, not to mention the amount of classes you are needed to take and pay for is a lot but Antonio still followed through with his decision ” To become a teacher it’s a very long process and Arts in Action was willing to help me get through school and they have been super supportive.” 

Although some of his students only had him for a year or less he still had a huge impact on them. Brian Benitez and Angel Garcia where his past students and they still remember him as a good person and a big inspiration to keep pushing and to succeed.

Angel said “In the short time that we knew him, we were only with him for a year but he really impacted all of us because he kept telling us to keep pushing and never give up”, Brian also added on to what Angel said “ He inspired me to be a better person and go to college and to push myself”.  Although these are just two of the many people he has affected they still remember his enthusiastic and positive personality. 

Leave a Comment
Donate to The Boxer Bulletin

Your donation will support the student journalists of Oscar De La Hoya Animo Charter High School . Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

More to Discover
Donate to The Boxer Bulletin

Comments (0)

All The Boxer Bulletin Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *