The Boxer Bulletin

The Student News Site of Oscar De La Hoya Animo Charter High School

The Boxer Bulletin

The Boxer Bulletin

What will 2024 bring into the oval office?

The 2024 election is like a throwback to the 2020 election.
abcNEWS
This image is from when Trump was President and Joe Biden was the former Vice President. Both of these candidates were candidates of the 2020 elections and are candidates of the 2024 election.

As Americans every four years we are stuck with the decision of choosing the leader of our country for the following four years. However, sometimes there are people who choose to not vote because of the pressure they feel from other people around them. This peer pressure can drown out the opinion of millions of voters in every state. 

Ryan Smith is the world history teacher at  Oscar De La Hoya High School. Mr. Smith is well educated on the topic of elections as well as the history of our country’s elections. Our country’s elections have been set to be every 4 years, it has been like this for many centuries. As the original Constitution states that George Washington said two terms of four years were the limit for any president. 

During my interview I got his opinion on the upcoming election in the future months of this year. He described the end of the election as always being a “two horse race.” When Ryan describes it as a two horse I interpreted that he was talking about how it’s always going to be the candidates finish though. 

This year’s election will be marked as the 60th quadrennial presidential election on November 5, 2024. The candidates of this year’s election will be the same as 2020 which are President Biden who is running for re-election and former President Trump who is also re-election for a second nonconsecutive term. This year will also be marked as the presidential rematch since 1956 if both parties are nominated by their respective parties. “I would say that I’m not very hopeful for this election overall from either side.” Ryan shares that he is not hopeful for this election and it could be due to the fact that both parties have already run and done poorly. 

Since Joe Biden and Donald Trump are re-running and it’s like the 2020 election again people are shocked as there is false rumors about both candidates that makes them both look poorly and not the type of president that people want. Ryan Smith also adds that “I wish that I didn’t have to vote for any of them. I think that none of the candidates are good…I don’t want either to be in charge personally.” This shows that Ryan is possibly feeling a strong belief towards the allegations being made against both candidates, making them look like the next bad leaders to run our country.

The two main candidates are Joe Biden who is our currency president running and our former president Donald Trump. Both are also known for mishandling or meddling with confidential documents from the white house. There is also so much “False news” going around about both parties that people who are very involved in the election can get confused and start wondering who is the better fit to run our country. 

I find this election to be an election that is repeating history and should be found as an election to move forward. This election is having people remember about the 2020 election just in how the two main candidates running are the same, both have already experienced being president for our country and both are dealing with similar “false allegations”. I see this election to be as the two candidates trying to re-due the past as how they will be the first to have a presidential rematch since 1956.

As well as having Trump winning the election he will become the second president to win a second non-consecutive term since 1892. The 2024 election will be a very interesting election that will go down in history no matter its outcome between the two main candidates.