The Boxer Bulletin

The Student News Site of Oscar De La Hoya Animo Charter High School

The Boxer Bulletin

The Boxer Bulletin

Life ups and downs

Cares of the education about aquaculture
Frances Arrecis
This is a photo of Ms. Frances being with her pet bird that she likes to spend time with.

Ms. Frances is a 25 year old environmental biology student who studied at Cal Poly Pomona. She focused in biodiversity, conservation, and ecology.  She worked her entire college career at her school and during school she received a Interpretation of Science Certificate through National Association of Interpretation. 

She has experience as a Science Instructor where she teaches science based curriculum as a workshop or assembly and for after school programs. She likes educating the young minds of children on how our environment is changing and what is something we could do to help our environment. She is also a Garden Educator where she teaches at an elementary school’s garden and does hands-on activities.

Ms. Frances wasn’t always sure on what to pursue in the future but she said with so much enthusiasm, “my biology teacher he really changed my perspective” she explained,  “he taught me more about the environment and how you need to care about it and I kinda got really sad knowing how our environment is changing and I wanted to do something to support it and I really like science so that’s why I pursued science and if it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t know what to pursue.”

Although Ms. Frances has had her up and downs she always goes to a conclusion as she states with pride but also uncertainty “I decided to pursue education so I did change it there, but I think right now I’m not changing it exactly but I am gearing it with working more with the younger student rather than the older students maybe even potentially working at a child care center it is something I am thinking about but not for sure.”

“I would like to be remembered as the teacher that is understanding and respectful to my students I think students are often told to you know you need to respect the teacher but I think as the teacher you also need to respect the student so I want them to know I appreciate them being with me and them being present with me.” Ms. Frances said with joyfulness. She points out something that you would think teachers don’t consider like how students aren’t the only ones that need to show respect but the teacher also has to show their students respect because it has to be a mutual respect between the two.

Ms. Frances impacts all her students when she comes into the classroom and opens our mind to seeing how everyone sees the environment differently. She loves to teach especially younger students because she seems to like to deal with younger children because they show her that they care and love to learn about aquaculture.

“Think about yourself, think about your future and where you wanna be in 10 years and even if you don’t know where you wanna be in 10 years that is okay but as long as your doing something that is really happy and meaningful to yourself.”