“In the future, I want to be an accountant. That’s my main goal. I want to be in accounting in the future. Work for one of  the five top accounting firms.”

This photo was taken on June 7, 2022 at The Greek Theatre. Ingrid Ramirez graduated from LACC and received her ADT.
This photo was taken on June 7, 2022 at The Greek Theatre. Ingrid Ramirez graduated from LACC and received her ADT.
Perla Ramirez

Ingrid Ramirez just transferred from L.A.C.C. to Cal Poly Pomona and is starting her junior year. Her main focus in life is to become an accountant for one of the five top accounting firms. She hopes to one day help her parents in the future.

Her favorite place to be is the beach. She finds the beach peaceful and calm.When she visits the beach, she likes to watch the sunset and have a snack while listening to music.

Story continues below advertisement

She is always up for adventures, likes to try new foods, goes hiking, and likes to visit new places in LA.

Transcript:
Perla Ramirez: My name is Perla Ramirez and I’ll be interviewing you. Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?
Ingrid Ramirez: Hi, my name is Ingrid Ramirez. I am 23 years old. I am currently attending Cal Poly Pomona. It’s my first year there as a transfer student and I’m majoring in accounting. I also like to go hiking in my free time. I like going to the beach, and yeah, that’s pretty much it.
PR: What do you like best about yourself?
IR: What I like best about myself is that I’m a hard worker. That I’m a hard worker because if I need to get something done I would do it regardless of the situation that I’m in. That’s my first priority, getting things done.
PR: What are your goals for this year?
IR: My goals for this year is to pass all my classes, of course for this semester and to start applying for scholarships for my spring semester and also apply for an internship next year. And also to learn how to drive.
PR: What is the happiest moment of your life?
IR: The happiest moment of my life was when I graduated from my Community College and when I got accepted into Cal Poly Pomona and Cal State Long Beach. Although I didn’t go to Cal State Long Beach, it was so hard because a lot of people told me that I wasn’t gonna get into it since it’s a really competitive school. But, knowing that I got into it, accepted to the school like it made me realize  everything is possible.
PR: That’s amazing.
IR: Thanks.
PR: What is your favorite place to be, and why?
IR: My favorite place to be at is the beach because I just love going there. I feel like it’s just a calm and peaceful place. You could just watch the sunset and just listen to the waves and I don’t know, like maybe go eat, go eat food there and just chill.
PR: How do you like to spend your free time?
IR: I like to spend my free time once again, if it’s not at the beach, I like going hiking. Or I just do outdoor things like going to eat, trying new food trucks, restaurants. Just being out, you know, not being home.
PR: Very adventurous.
IR: Yeah, I like being adventurous.
PR: What quote do you like?
IR: My favorite quote is “Keep taking time for yourself until you are you again.” Because I think a lot of us like to get busy with work or either school and we get lost within ourselves. And I think it’s important for everyone to take time for themselves, just to just be themselves again, you know? I feel like everyone just needs that from time  to time, you know?
PR: Yeah, I agree. What do you want do in the future?
IR: In the future, I want to be an accountant. That’s my main goal. I want to be in accounting in the future. Work for one of  the five top accounting firms.
PR:  What have you learned from your mistakes?
IR:  I learned that making mistakes is normal. The most important thing is that I learned from them and now I know not to repeat them in the future.
PR: I like that. Who has the biggest influence on your life and how?
IR: I’m gonna say my parents because I’ve watched them see how far they have come and how hard they work to give me and my siblings the best they can, so I think they’re my main influence. And I just want to make them proud, especially since I’m in school. I want to graduate, get my bachelors and just help them out in the future the best way I can.
PR: That’s wonderful. That’ll be all. Thank you for your time.
IR: Thank you

Leave a Comment
Donate to The Boxer Bulletin

Your donation will support the student journalists of Oscar De La Hoya Animo Charter High School . Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.

More to Discover
Donate to The Boxer Bulletin

Comments (0)

All The Boxer Bulletin Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *